Thursday 7 November 2013

Knit Clary Fray doll

For this one I really had to embrace my inner young adult fiction geek.  While I was knitting my Arne & Carlos dolls, I was reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.  During that time, my mom gave me a bag of yarn filled with odds and ends she no longer wanted. In the bag was a ball of bright orange yarn that reminded me of the description of the hair of the main character, Clary Fray. That ball of yarn inspired me to knit a Clary Fray doll. In the books she has curly hair, so I decided to knit up the orange ball of yarn, wash it, and then unravel it to see how it turned out. It was perfect.



I knit Clary out of 100% acrylic from collection, changing colours to give her the appearance of black boots, jeans and a pink shirt. I had every intention of knitting her a more complete outfit, but other things came along that grabbed my interest, so she remains as is on my fireplace mantel for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment