Thursday 7 November 2013

Melanie

After acquiring smaller double pointed needles, I decided to try knitting a doll to the scale suggested in pattern.  I also wanted to try doing one of the more complex suggestions for the dolls, in this case, stripped tights. Using 2.5 mm needles, I knit Melanie!


I used blue and green alternately, three rows at a time, to give her striped tights. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much the colours would blend together, obscuring the striped effect. In the future I will use brighter colours with more contrast to highlight the striped effect. For Melanie's hair, I used a ball of variegated green yarn with a gold metallic stripe running through it. I think it gives her hair a bit of an underwater seaweed look that may inspire me to knit her a mermaid outfit!



Melanie's dress is knit from a left over bit of Kertzer On Your Toes variegated sock yarn in the colour Beach Print (75% superwash wool, 25% Nylon) that I bought here in Saskatoon at the Wool Emporium.

No comments:

Post a Comment